OUR FOUNDER, CINDY KERR
Ryan’s Case for Smiles (RCFS) has so much to celebrate in 2023. When Cindy Kerr, our founder, created the first pillowcase for her son Ryan, who lost his battle with osteosarcoma, she could never have imagined it would spark a movement that would inspire thousands of volunteers and donors to get involved. Here we are 15 years later, so proud of what we have accomplished as an organization and grateful to our supporters for their generosity that makes it possible.
“No act is too small. The gift of kindness may start as a small ripple that over time can turn into a tidal wave affecting the lives of many.”- Kevin Heath
After a two-year break, we will be hosting a 15-year celebration event, The Sky’s the Limit, on Thursday, April 27th at the Philander Chase Knox Estate. All funds raised will enable RCFS to strengthen and grow our coping initiatives while expanding our reach. We hope you will help us celebrate by attending our event!
The Sky’s the Limit
Thursday, April 27, 2023
6:30 pm – 9:30 pm ET
Philander Chase Knox Estate
151 Library Lane Malvern, PA 19355
HONORING DR. RICHARD SNYDER OF INDEPENDENCE BLUE CROSS
Help us celebrate 15 years of service by making a donation today!
- Delivering pillowcases to children staying in local hospitals;
- Offering caregivers evidenced-informed resources to help minimize family trauma through CopingSpace.org;
- Helping siblings cope with their feelings and reduce long-term emotional impact through our Coping Boxes;
- Offering an interactive, digital experience to help teens and pre-teens (ages 11-16) navigate and cope with the many challenges of having a brother or a sister with a life-changing illness or injury.
Highlights of our Journey:
In the past 15 years, we have delivered over 2,500,000 pillowcases!
You might not know that about 30% of our pillowcases come to us already crafted by generous volunteers. To meet the remaining 70%, we rely on financial donations to purchase fabric. Our dedicated volunteers in our chapters then cut, sew and wash the pillowcases so they are ready for delivery to local hospitals to help children feel better to heal better!