Congratulations to our Metro OKC Chapter on achieving a major milestone. Since their first gathering in 2008, they have worked tirelessly to sew and deliver 60,000 pillowcases to children admitted for care to OU Children’s Hospital where every child receives a “smile” upon admission.
Recently, this dedicated group was joined by Mike Glover, of KWTV News 9 in Oklahoma City, who featured the chapter in their Something Good segment. This committed group celebrated with cake and special t-shirts. You can view the broadcasted feature by clicking here. Congratulations on a job well done Metro OKC. We are grateful for all that you do to comfort children and their families.
Reunited with the brothers of Alpha Kappa Psi at Saint Joseph’s University to kick off the 2023-2024 school year with service! This extra special group took a break from studying for mid-terms to create pillowcases for children in their local hospitals. “SEW” much fun was had by all#gratefulforyou
As a first time site participant for Villanova’s St. Thomas of Villanova Day for Service, which included over 4,000 faculty and students, we couldn’t be happier with the outcome of our day! September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. This special event aligned beautifully with our Miles of Pillowcase Smiles campaign where Ryan’s Case for Smiles strives to sew 1 pillowcase per child in treatment or 40,000 pillowcases. This ambitious group of students sewed 401 pillowcases that will be added toward our goal! It was wonderful to see these passionate students metamorphosis throughout the day from first time sewers to masters of their new craft by the end of the event! Let’s go NOVA!,
This annual two day event far surpassed expectations and led to a new record. Over 800 pillowcases were ironed, packaged and/or sewn by this seasoned crew of supporters. We were honored to be joined by a Baker Tilly employee’s son, Lucas who was a pillowcase recipient of ours! Lucas, THANK YOU for inspiring us all. Always love working alongside this special team! Link to full video: 2023 Baker Tilly Stewardship Week
Team building at its finest! We had a great afternoon building Coping Boxes for siblings and sewing pillowcases for hospitalized children with this wonderful team from Arkema! Thank you for helping us deliver these invaluable coping resources to families in our local community! #gratefulforyou
HAPPY...to work with this incredible team from GBLI again this summer in support of the children and families served by our mission. This philanthropic team exemplifies the spirit of service! Thank you for inviting us back and for treating our volunteers like royalty! Reach out if you would like to plan an event like GBLI’s with your team.
PRESS RELEASES & NEWSLETTERS
- MLTV – Mainline Network: Executive Director Missy Lusk Featured on 30 Minutes With Mark Anthony? (May 2020)
- The Philadelphia Inquirer: Is this my last Christmas? (December 2017)
- Today Show: A mom helps sick kids, one pillowcase at a time (November 2015)
- PR Newswire: Ryan’s Case for Smiles Named a Mutual of America 2015 Community Partnership Award Winner (November 2015)
- The Philadelphia Inquirer: On Coping with Pediatric Illness (October 2015)
- PhillyVoice: Power of the pillowcase: How one local org is sewing for smiles and PTSD awareness (September 2015)
- One Millionth Pillowcase Celebration (September 2015)
- Sew News: Operation ConKerr Cancer (August 2014)
- CHOP Annual Report: A Case for Comfort (2012)
- Family Circle: Comfort & Joy (June 2011)