- All Children’s John Hopkins
- Brandon Regional Medical Center
- Lakeland Regional
- Ronald McDonald Charities
- Sarasota Memorial
- South FL Baptist
- St. Joe’s Main
- St. Joe’s South
- St. Joe’s Mease
- Tampa General
DROP OFF SITES
- Cotton Patch Quilt Shop (8480 Cooper Creek Blvd., Ste. 101, University Park, FL 34201)
- Deborah’s Quilt Basket (337 W. Venice Ave, Venice, FL 34285)
- Fabric Warehouse (3030 N. Florida Ave, Lakeland, FL 33805)
- Inspire! Quilting & Sewing (101 N. Collins St., Plant City, FL 33563)
- Keep Me in Stitches (4504 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, FL 33609)
- Keep Me in Stitches (10459 Ulmerton Rd., Largo, FL 33771)
- The Modern Sewist (2264 Gulf Gate Dr., Sarasota, FL 34231)
- Nana’s Quilt Shop (18851 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34601)
- Quilts on Plum Lane (14215 7th St., Dade City, FL 33525)
- Quilted Twins (13829 US 98 Bypass. Dade City, FL 33525)
- Rainbow’s End Quilt Shoppe (941 Broadway, Dunedin, FL 34698)
- Scrap and Sew (16541 Pointe Village Dr., #108, Lutz, FL 33558)
- Sweet Darling Quilts (26240 Wesley Chapel Blvd., Lutz, FL 33559)
NEWS & EVENTS
Welcome to our Chapter. We hope you will join us in helping children feel better to heal better.
Some Sew Days to Return in June!
We are very excited to announce that we will be returning to having some Sew Days in June!! As we all adjust to the new normal, we ask that you follow the guidelines established by the location where you are meeting. We are recommending the following guidelines, however, if the location has stricter requirements, please follow the stricter requirements. We will be meeting with the following changes in place.
- Social distancing: Please maintain 6 feet between you and the other people at your sewing location.
- Masks: Masks are recommended but not required at events. (Some stores are requesting that you wear a mask. If this is the case, please do so.)
- We will be disinfecting equipment and surfaces before and after each event. (including pins, rotary cutters, scissors, machines, rulers, etc.)
- All pillowcases produced must be held 2 weeks after packaging before delivery. (The current theory is that this is enough time for any virus particles to die.)
June 8: Ryan’s Case for Smiles Sew Day returns to Inspire for a VIRTUAL event!
Join us on Inspire’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/InspireQuiltingSewing) for a Facebook LIVE event starting at 10am on Monday, June 8th. We will start with a brief welcome message and chapter news, followed by a pillowcase demo at approximately 10:45am. We will have a special surprise message about a free gift during the demo! We are thrilled to be back to creating pillowcases and hope that you join us for some pillowcase fun at home. Thank you for helping the children feel better to heal better.
Stay healthy, Pillowcase Warriors, we need our village strong!
Want to stay informed of everything that is going on with our Tampa Bay Chapter? Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the page or follow us on Facebook at //www.facebook.com/caseforsmilestampabay/
Ways to help:
- Come to a sew day: Bring your sewing machine or serger and a basic sewing kit (thread, scissors, needles, etc.). You don’t have to know how to sew to help at a sew day. We will teach you!! We also need help ironing, bagging, counting, and boxing the cases.
- Donate Money for fabric: Monetary donations for pillowcases is always welcome and much needed! There are no paid positions in this organization – we are all volunteers. 100% of the money donated buys fabric for pillowcases. All other supplies are donated. You can donate through the website by clicking the “Donate Now” button in the upper right corner of your screen and choosing “Florida-Tampa Bay” in the “Chapter” field. You can also donate in person at any sew day. If you would like to donate by mail, contact us by email at email@example.com.
- Hold your own sew day! Gather a group of friends, co-workers, church members, neighbors, or other group and hold your own sew day. Need help running it? Have questions? Contact us! We’ll help you! Cases4smiles4tampabay@yahoo.com
- Make pillowcases and drop them off at one of the convenient drop off locations. Directions to make a pillowcase can be found here: //caseforsmiles.org/get-involved/#sew Several quilt shops in the area have generously offered to be drop off locations for anyone wishing to contribute pillowcases. Be sure to check the shop’s website for the hours of operation.