IOWA DROP OFF SITES
- Crazy to Quilt Shop – Cedar Falls
- Debbie’s Quilt Shop & Gifts – Osage
- Jen’s Needleworks – Aplington
- Quilter’s Window – New Hampton
- Piece Work Quilts – Winterset
- Fabrics & Fun – Altoona
- It’s Sew Tempting – Iowa City
- Quilt With Us – Lucas
- Iowa Quilt Block – West Des Moines
- The Stitching Place – Indianola
- Quilter’s Cupboard – Ankeny
- Snips of Thread Quilt Shop – Humeston
- NEW! – The Quilted Windmill – Pella
NEWS & EVENTS
News from Iowa | THANKS & Miles of Smiles
August | 2022
Summer is quickly coming to an end and Mary & I wanted to express our sincere appreciation for all the wonderful, creative pillowcases we have received so far this year! The workmanship and creativity is spectacular and we are so grateful to all of you…and so are the children & families we serve.
We are often asked what kind of patterns are most popular with our kids so we asked for feedback and the results are as follows: anything Disney, Marvel Comics/Superhero, Sports, Dr. Seuss, Animals, Nature and anything Collegiate (IOWA, ISU and UNI are very popular). If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
SPECIAL THANKS to all our drop-off locations! They are an integral part of our family and we simply could not do this without them….so the next time you’re dropping cases off or picking out material for new cases, give them a “Thank You” (and a hug if you’re so inclined!) We might be a bit biased, but our drop-off locations have some of the best selections of fabrics, anywhere!
September is Pediatric Cancer Awareness month which means our annual Miles of Pillowcase Smiles event will begin in the next few days. We hope you will join us for this amazing event, designed to promote awareness and sew a total of 55,000 pillowcases. Stay tuned for more details!
If you’d like to host a sewing event, would like to donate fabric, funds OR learn how to sew pillow cases, please let us know!
Stay safe and don’t forget to visit our FB page at: Ryan’s Case for Smiles – Eastern Iowa Facebook
Additional information is available for the following:
- Learning to sew pillowcases
- Host a sewing event
- Donating fabric
- Obtaining a comprehensive list of resources for children & families facing illness
- Or you’d simply like more information on Ryan’s Case for Smiles
Contact us and let’s talk!
Cindy Corwin & Mary Paulsen
Eastern Iowa Volunteer Co-Coordinators