Linda Armour and Maggie Katz
- Ronald McDonald House of Albany
- Albany Stratton VA Medical Center
- Albany Medical Center Children’s Hospital
- Double H Ranch, Lake Luzerne
- Camp Erin – Albany Community Hospice Bereavement
NEWS & EVENTS
Welcome to our Chapter. We hope you will join us in helping children feel better to heal better.
Thank you to all of our volunteers who helped with the mask making for Double H Ranch. Their goal of 200 masks for the children in Brooklyn and the Bronx was met and exceeded. You came through with 500 masks! Bravo!
We have now turned out sights to our fall Miles of Pillowcase Smiles (MOPS) events. Instead of meeting in person, seasoned volunteers are sewing pillowcases for us at home. We will continue this plan throughout the fall. After the holiday season we will reassess to see if we are able to meet again in person in the spring.
In the meantime, there are a few things you can do:
- Check out our drop-off sites on the left side of this page. They are all small local businesses. Support them if you can.
- Sew some pillowcases for us. All the businesses on the left are places you can drop off finished pillowcases. Be sure to call first to confirm their hours and location. Some of them have moved. Leave a note with your name, email, and number of pillowcases with your pillowcases so we can thank you.
- Make a donation to us. If you work for a business that has matching donations, even better! The link is at the bottom of this page. We rely on donations to fund our fabric purchases.
- Be kind to yourself, your family, loved ones, and friends. We’re all in this together!
Linda and Maggie
We had so much fun sewing recently at Saugerties Library. Check out the photos and article from the Daily Freeman News here.
Annual September pillowcase party at the Duanesburg Reformed Presbyterian Church. 10 volunteers, 5 hours, 1 great lunch = 70 pillowcases. Fun was had by all.