COVID-19 has left many of us feeling isolated and alone. For children and their families battling life-changing illnesses, this is a daily experience. The pandemic has magnified their separation and isolation from those they love. Most children, if they are lucky, are able to spend time with one family member per day. During this period of uncertainty, Case for Smiles’ pillowcases and CopingSpace resources are needed more than ever. Case for Smiles would love to be able to help every child and family who rely on our resources but our financial means are limited and we need your support! Please consider helping Case for Smiles deliver cheer to a child, like Lucas shown in the video, this holiday season! As the Baltimore Chapter for Case for Smiles, our 2020 #GivingSmiles goal is to raise $500! By accepting my #GivingSmiles Challenge your donation will enable Case for Smiles to give a whimsical pillowcase to a child in the hospital while at the same time allowing us to provide emotional support to their family through our CopingSpace resources. With your help, we can bring smiles to all children, like Lucas at a time when they need it the most!.
EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS:
- $5 Provides two spools of thread which can be used to sew 20 pillowcases.
- $10 Provides one pillowcase to a child in treatment as well as research-based resources to help parents build resilience for themselves, their child, and his or her siblings.
- $20 Provides two pillowcases to children in treatment.
- $50 Funds a Coping Box for siblings, helping to teach them positive coping skills.
- $100 Provides pillowcases for 10 admissions for a child in treatment, as well as research-based resources to help their parent build resilience for themselves, their child, and his or her siblings.
- $200 Funds a sewing day in a hospital or clinic, giving the children a distraction from their treatment.
- Other- all donations are meaningful!
Ryan’s Case for Smiles was started thirteen years ago by Cindy Kerr when her son Ryan was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) at the age of 12. While Ryan is no longer with us, his inspiration has led our growth to include 120 chapters serving over 75,000 children each year at more than 363 hospitals worldwide, having delivered over 2.2 million pillowcases to date. Our work has expanded from donated pillowcases to multiple programs designed to help children and families navigate one of life’s most difficult experiences. Recognizing that the negative effects of health-related stress continue long after treatment, CFS developed CopingSpace which offers tools and resources in a web-based format for caregivers, siblings, schools, and the community of a sick or injured child. These resources for the child’s caregiver provide evidence-based information that will help them cope with diagnosis, treatment and recovery while building resilience along the way. DONATE NOW
Please take our
#GivingSmiles Challenge and pass it on!
Take the #GivingSmiles Challenge
A Grateful Mom