On September 23, Case for Smiles celebrated its 10th Anniversary with Aces for Cases. Hosted at the Hilltop House in Devon, patrons celebrated the 10th with a casino themed event. Case for Smiles also honored its Aces: JoAnn Shaw, Marie Nader, Maria Kalisperis, Sue Ellen Kosmas, Connie & Sankey Williams, Irene Lastra, Cindy & Gavin Kerr, Teva, and Baby Lock. Swoop from the Philadelphia Eagles even joined the celebration! Check out more photos here.
Philadelphia welcomed over 20 coordinators and volunteers in September at the Coordinator Convention. Coordinators met to discuss best practices, fundraising ideas, volunteer recruitment strategies and stories of smiles.
Case for Smiles has been selected to be one of three Philadelphia Eagles 2017 Care Partners. The Eagles Care initiative, built from the belief that strong non-profits build strong communities, connects the team with local charitable organizations and works to jointly increase their positive impact on the community. Through these season-long strategic partnerships, the Eagles will devote their attention, support and resources to each non-profit to ensure that their impact on the community can be further enhanced and strengthened.
Ryan’s Case for Smiles has been named the charity partner for the Great Inflatable Race Philadelphia. The race will be held on June 24th, 2017 at Warminster Community Park starting at 9 am. Click here to get your tickets today! Be sure to use promo code CASEFORSMILES to get 5% off of your race ticket.
Climbing around on the inflatables not for you? Please consider helping by spreading the word and/or signing up to volunteer at the event. It is sure to be a great time!
Parrish DeVaughn Injury Lawyers recently donated $500 to our Metro OKC Chapter! Thank you so much for your generosity. Read more about the donation here.
That’s right! Designer Bag Bingo is back on April 28th at St. Luke’s Greek Orthodox Church. To register Click Here.
PRESS RELEASES & NEWSLETTERS
- Today Show: A mom helps sick kids, one pillowcase at a time (November 2015)
- PR Newswire: Ryan’s Case for Smiles Named a Mutual of America 2015 Community Partnership Award Winner (November 2015)
- The Philadelphia Inquirer: On Coping with Pediatric Illness (October 2015)
- PhillyVoice: Power of the pillowcase: How one local org is sewing for smiles and PTSD awareness (September 2015)
- One Millionth Pillowcase Celebration (September 2015)
- Sew News: Operation ConKerr Cancer (August 2014)
- CHOP Annual Report: A Case for Comfort (2012)
- Family Circle: Comfort & Joy (June 2011)